Saturday 10 April 2010

Young Apprentice Has A Spring In Her Step!

Spring Estate Agents in Hull are pleased to have been selected as a suitable training provider forHull College’s NVQ in customer service and would like to offer a warm welcome to Samantha Kirkham who joined us at the end of March.


Hi there I’m Samantha Kirkham. I am 17 and currently on a customer service apprenticeship with Hull College and on placement at Spring Estate Agent on Anlaby Road.

I first heard about the scheme through the Hull Collage website where I saw the different apprenticeships available. I then attended an open day at Hull Collage for and this is when I heard about the customer service apprenticeship. After I filled the paper work in I was given a date to come back and do two basic Maths and English assessments and meet Steve who would be my tutor. After I had enrolled I was informed that there were three companies that wanted to interview me. I went to two previous interviews before I came to Spring Estate Agents but from walking in the door I felt at ease and surprisingly less nervous than the previous interviews.

I was interviewed by Govind Manocha the business owner and my interview took about an hour including paperwork. Then it was just waiting to hear if I had been successful. Early the following week Steve rang me up and told me I had been accepted and I would be starting the following Monday. On my way to Spring for my first day at work I was a bag of nerves walking up to the front door, but when I picked up the courage to go inside, I was greeted with the same friendly approach from my interview and was made to feel very welcome.

My first two weeks have been jam packed with new experiences and I have even been given my own project to complete to do with the local regeneration scheme. I have learnt so much over the past two week and am looking forward to the coming year with Spring Estate Agents. I am visited by my tutor Steve once a week and he also happy that I have been placed with Spring. I also keep a diary at work which I write in each day so there is a record of my learning. Govind and Jessica have been brilliant and have made me feel part of the team. I have already started to learn some important skills that are essential to a good business/customer service and a professional work environment.

Managing Director Govind Manaocha said “Once again I am so pleased that exactly two years from our launch, we have been selected to offer such a training position. Even though when Samantha came for interview she was very nervous and did not say much, I could tell that she possessed the right qualities we were looking for. During the last two weeks Samantha has come to work every day with a Spring in her step, a smile on her face and a positive attitude for learning. Needless to say we are very happy with Samantha’s initial progress and look forward to her growing in confidence and becoming a valued member of the Spring team”.

No comments: